A Senior Associate in WGC’s commercial group, Alice Hoban works with Director Michael Huelin in all aspects of corporate, business and property law. This includes commercial law, business acquisitions and disposals, corporate advisory, property development, and commercial and retail leasing.
Alice acts for corporate entities, property developers, small business owners and individuals, and is passionate about finding solutions for her clients and their businesses.
Creative thinking, strong commercial understanding and empathy for her clients all guide Alice’s decision-making process. She recognises that understanding a client’s objectives is critical to achieving the best outcome.
Alice graduated from the University of Adelaide with a Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) and a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) and is admitted to practice in Queensland, South Australia and the High Court of Australia.
Doyle’s Guide, which ranks legal professionals in Australia, recognised Alice as a ‘Rising Star’ in Native Title in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Alice joined WGC in July 2018, having previously worked for a global law firm in Brisbane, a London university hospital and a leading Adelaide law firm.
She has quickly become part of the local business community through the Cairns Chamber of Commerce and The Young Entrepreneurs Project.
Alice is a regular at Cairns Parkrun and a member of both the Cairns Road Runners Club and the Mud Crabs Swimming Club.
Qualifications and memberships
– Bachelor of Laws (with Honours), University of Adelaide, 2006
– Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), University of Adelaide, 2006
– Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, 2007
– Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of South Australia, 2007
– Admitted as a Solicitor of the High Court of Australia, 2007
– Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland, 2013
– Member, Queensland Law Society
– Member, Far North Queensland Law Association