Associate Tamlyn Leahy works closely with WGC Lawyers Managing Director Eddy Lago in the family law team.
Tamlyn has a wide range of experience in all aspects of family law issues, including domestic violence, and an appreciation and understanding of the principles and practical application of family law.
Tamlyn began her career in the Northern Territory in 2000 where she gained broad experience in litigation, family law and dispute resolution before moving to Queensland.
Her career has predominantly been in private practice, with several placements at non-government and government organisations, helping her understand the contemporary challenges faced by the families of today.
Tamlyn has strong advocacy skills and regularly appears in the Federal Circuit Court, Family Courts of Australia and the Domestic Violence Court.
She has a particular interest in property settlements, separation agreements, domestic violence issues and in effectively negotiating just and equitable outcomes for her clients. Her work is about empowering her clients to strive for the best possible and most equitable outcome.
Happy to share advice, Tamlyn is a regular contributor of family law articles to various North Queensland publications.
Qualifications and memberships
– Admitted as a Solicitor of Supreme Court of Queensland, 2004
– Admitted as a Solicitor of High Court of Australia and Federal Courts of Australia, 2000
– Admitted as a Solicitor of Supreme Court of the Northern Territory, 2000
– Bachelor of Laws, Northern Territory University, 1998
– Bachelor of Arts, Northern Territory University, 1997
– Member, Queensland Law Society
– Member, Far North Queensland Law Association
– Member, Family Law Practitioners Association
– Member, Women’s Lawyers Association of Queensland
– Member, Cairns Business Women’s Club
– Volunteer, North Queensland Women’s Legal Service