Rhiannon has particular skills and interest in body corporate issues, including disputes concerning committees, caretakers, letting agents and owners. Her capabilities range from advising on disputes about non-payment of contributions to complicated disputes concerning the interpretation of by-laws, caretaking and letting agreements and other contractual issues.
She also advises community groups, including incorporated associations and companies limited by guarantees on issues concerning their governing documents such as their articles of association or constitution.
Her insolvency law work includes acting for liquidators, administrators, bankruptcy trustees as well as creditors, and also involves advising companies and individuals who may be in financial distress.
Rhiannon has been involved in many court cases that have subsequently been reported as case law and is always focused on meeting her clients’ needs regardless if the matter is straight forward or challenging.
Rhiannon takes pride in achieving results quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively for all her clients and frequently represents bodies’ corporate, commercial enterprises, financial institutions, government bodies (including councils), small businesses, individuals and insolvency practitioners.
She keeps up to date with changes in the law by regularly engaging in continuing legal education programs and masterclasses. She also delivers informative in-house presentations to a wide range of audiences, including not-for-profit organisations, individuals and bodies corporate.
For many years she was an active board member of Youth Empowered Towards Independence (“YETI”) and Women’s Centre Cairns, and in 2014 she was the Vice-President of Cairns Young Chamber of Commerce Sub-Committee.
Rhiannon is also regularly involved with the corporate sector and participates in the Cairns Business Women’s Club, the Far North Queensland Law Association and the North Queensland Law Association.
Qualifications & Memberships
– Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland, 2010
– Solicitor of the High Court of Australia, 2010
– Bachelor of Laws (Hons), James Cook University, 2009
– Strata Community Association (SCA) Qld, Member (Strata Services Nominee)
– Youth Empowered Towards Independence (“YETI”), Board Member (2009 to 2015)
– Women’s Centre Cairns, Board Member (2013 to 2015)
– Cairns Young Chamber of Commerce Sub-Committee, Vice President (2014)
– Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association, Professional Member
– Queensland Law Society, Member
– Far North Queensland Law Association, Member
– North Queensland Law Association, Member
– Cairns Business Women’s Club, Member