Pragmatic, straight talking, knowledgeable and tenacious, Doug is the right lawyer for a big claim. These strengths are critical for the complex major litigation matters he has undertaken in various jurisdictions including the Queensland Supreme Court, Queensland Court of Appeal, Industrial Court, Federal Court and the High Court of Australia.
Doug’s negotiation skills were recognised when he became a Queensland Law Society Accredited Mediator in 2005.
Leading a team of four, Doug draws on the group’s skills to strategically plan for the early resolution of commercial litigation, building and construction litigation, civil ligation and other disputes. He keeps abreast of constant changes in the law by regularly engaging in continued legal education programs, conferences and master classes.
Aside from large litigation matters, Doug has extensive experience in coronial inquests, workplace health and safety prosecutions, environmental protection prosecutions and defamation cases.
Despite being a cutting-edge litigator in Cairns, it is not all work and no play for Doug. When he’s not in the office, Doug is swimming laps, paddling his surf craft, playing tennis, watching rugby, playing or listening to music, enjoying an art gallery, patrolling at his local surf life saving club or using his boat.
Qualifications and memberships
– Bachelor of Laws, Queensland University of Technology, 1987
– Admitted as a Solicitor of the Queensland Supreme Court, 1988
– Admitted as a Solicitor of the High Court of Australia, 1993
– Member, Queensland Law Society
– Queensland Law Society Accredited Mediator, 2005
– Member, Housing Industry Association
– Member, Master Builders Association
– Chairman, Cairns Art Gallery
– Life Member, Cairns Surf Life Saving Club
– Gold Shield Member, Tobruk Memorial Swimming Pool
– Member, Barron Trinity Bulls Rugby Club
– Member, Freshwater Tennis Club